What is alt text?
Alt text, known as an Alternative text or Alt attribute, is a phrase or text, that gives information to the website viewers about content or a type of image on a webpage. This text or word can be enclosed in HTML and XHTML document.
Alt text is visible for site visitors when they position their cursor over the picture. The text shows in a blank box. By adding Alt text to your web page, you improve your website’s search engine optimization.
Alt text is comparable with Anchor text, so read more about it and learn more.
Frequently asked questions
How can I write good alt text?
In order to write good alt text you have to be specific and brief. You should also make sure that the description contains a keyword whenever possible.
What does good alt text look like?
Good alt text is concise and specific. For example, instead of writing “Image of a dog”, you should write “Dog barking”.
How can I add alt text to my images?
You can add alt text to your images by adding the following code to your HTML: <img src=”yourimage.jpg" alt="Your alt text here">.
- Anchor Text | Post Affiliate Pro
- Extensible Markup Language (XML) | Post Affiliate Pro
- What is SEO string for (when creating or editing a text link, image or flash banner)?
- Text Link | Post Affiliate Pro
- Keyword | Post Affiliate Pro
- Agado Affiliate Program - Post Affiliate Pro
- HTML | Post Affiliate Pro
- CRYP.IM Affiliate Program - Post Affiliate Pro