Everything you need to know about Post Affiliate Pro’s GDPR compliance
Post Affiliate Pro is committed to privacy, security, compliance and transparency. This approach includes supporting our customers’ compliance with EU data protection requirements, including those set out in the General Data Protection Regulation (“GDPR”), which becomed enforceable on May 25, 2018.
What is GDPR?
The General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR) (Regulation (EU) 2016/679) is a regulation by which the European Parliament, the Council of the European Union and the European Commission intend to strengthen and unify data protection for all individuals within the European Union (EU).
To Whom Does The GDPR Apply?
One way in which the personal data of an EU citizen could be collected while using Post Affiliate Pro is when you build a database of contacts, their information, and business dealings with them (i.e. a CRM system). Not all customers will be “data subjects”, as data subjects are only individuals. Some of your customers may be businesses or government organizations, which the GDPR does not apply to.
Is Post Affiliate Pro GDPR Compliant?
Yes, Post Affiliate Pro is fully compiant with the new regulation. Several strategies were prepared and undertaken in order to meet all the required criteria, which became enforceable in May 2018.
More GDPR FAQs
- Do you have any dedicated data protection officer (DPO) or compliance / security team working?
Yes, we have both an internal team and a dedicated Data Protection Officer. Please direct all your questions related to GDPR compliance to email@example.com.
- How will you verify to customers that you are in compliance with the new regulation?
If you wish for formal verification, you can provide us with your Data Processing Agreement template, which we can returned filled and signed.
- How is sensitive information stored and do you have processes in place in the event of a data breach?
Sensitive information is stored securely, with limited access. We react to Data breaches immediately, by notifying affected parties, DPO and local Institutions, according to our internal GDPR project.
- How long do you store customer data for?
We store customers’ data only for the time of using our services or until they request to delete their data.
- Where is your customer data physically stored?
Data of our EU customers are stored in our UK, SVK and DE datacenters hosted by Linode, Inc.
- Which of your teams will have access to customer personal information?
We access customer’s personal information only based on prior request by the customer or with the customer’s approval. In most common cases, it is the customer support team, development team or marketing team.
- How does your organization handle instances when customers request their data be removed from your system(s)?
When a customer requests deletion of their data, we proceed with the deletion immediately, with no further delay.
- How do you handle data protection requirements with any of your sub-processors?
We sign Data Processing Agreements with each of our sub-processors or subcontractors.
- What third party organizations (sub-processors) do you work with that may also have access to the data we share with you?
See list of Post Affiliate Pro sub-processors and subcontractors.
- What new safeguards or processes did you implement to meet the May 25 deadline?
Most of the safeguards and processes have been in place before because we don’t take privacy of our customers’ data lightly. We have implemented several more guidelines on how to handle sensitive data, how to react to incidents and data breaches and more.
- What processing operations are done by the Data Processor (Post Affiliate Pro)?
All actions necessary to provide adequate customer support and reliable service.
- Who are the Data subjects?
Persons whose data has been shared with the customer our Post Affiliate Pro.
- What are the Categories of Data?
Name, Email, Phone number, Address, IP Address, Timestamps of actions, Browser Cookies, Additional data collected by customers
- Are there any Special Categories of Data?
No, there aren’t any special categories of data.
- How are cross border transfers handled, who is the data exporter and who is the data importer?
Cross border transfers are done within EU or US grounds.
Additional Security Measures
All Post Affiliate Pro hosted accounts run over a secure connection using the HTTPS protocol. Hyper Text Transfer Protocol Secure (HTTPS) is the secure version of HTTP, the protocol over which data is sent between your browser and the website that you are connected to. It means all communication between your browser and Post Affiliate Pro is encrypted, including your chat and email communication.
Post Affiliate Pro REST API is restricted to accredited users based on username and password or username and API tokens.
Features / Functionality To Assist You With GDPR Compliance Program
Post Affiliate Pro provides customers the option to delete Service Data that may contain personal data, such as profiles, commissions, IP addresses, logs, and other data in active Post Affiliate Pro accounts.
Affiliate Account & Associated Data Deletion
Post Affiliate Pro currently supports the deletion of affiliate profile information for Merchant type users in the Affiliate Manager view. When clicked on Delete, all tracked data about an affiliate are deleted immediately.
- Post Affiliate Pro Cookies Policy
- Terms of Service
- Download Post Affiliate Pro Data Processing Addendum (DPA) Template
Do You Have Questions?
Contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org