What is offline tracking?
Offline tracking applies to coupon tracking. Offline tracking is different from banner tracking in that you don’t have to click on any banners to redeem coupons. In Post Affiliate Pro, coupons are assigned to a campaign/affiliate, and when they are used, the system recognizes which campaign/affiliate they belong to and creates a provision for them. No tracking cookies are created during this process.
Coupon codes found on affiliate sites are automatically assigned to the affiliate to which they belong when customers use them.
Using coupon codes is a good way for affiliates to highlight specific goods or persuade customers to buy from particular retailers. To broaden a brand’s influence and increase sales, most merchants use offline tracking methods to broaden their brand’s influence and increase sales these days. Coupon sales are strongly preferred by customers and are now widely used by retailers.
Offline tracking in Post Affiliate Pro
Post Affiliate Pro offers coupons for offline sales. If a merchant enables this feature, it allows them to “coupon” type banners. These banners can generate coupon codes according to a template created by the merchant (defining validity, coupon format, number of coupons, etc.) or the merchant can import their already created codes. Once the coupon codes are created, they can easily be assigned to specific affiliates, either manually or automatically (or if they are allowed, the affiliates can do it themselves).
This feature is incredibly useful for merchants who work mainly with coupons, influencers, or if they want specific coupons for a particular campaign without having to create additional banners. The process is simple, a merchant creates a coupon that can be used online or in physical stores, and when the coupon code is used, it can be automatically tracked in Post Affiliate Pro through the coupon integration.
Why is it a good idea to use Offline tracking in your business
Coupons and offline tracking can be beneficial to your business in many ways. There are many types of coupons you can use. Here are several examples to show you just what this type of marketing can offer you:
- Percent-off coupons – They can help you build email lists. Customers are usually willing to share their email addresses for a certain % off the price of the product and/or service.
- Free shipping coupons – This can help you reduce cart abandonment. As customers often abandon carts due to the shipping costs. Offering a free shipping coupon can significantly reduce this number.
- Free gift with purchase coupon – This type of coupon is often used by beauty retailers. Free gifts and/or samples with orders above a certain amount can also help promote new products or campaigns.
- Loyalty status-based promo codes – Customers enjoy redeeming loyalty points for discounts on products of their choice. This helps create a loyal customer base for your business.
- Mobile coupons – This is the digital age. Make your campaign accessible to all generations by sharing coupon codes via chatbots, SMS, and push notifications.
To clarify, coupons in Post Affiliate Pro are only for affiliates and campaigns. They don’t generate discounts, free items, gifts, or free shipping on their own. This has to be set by the merchant themselves.
It is a proven fact that coupons significantly affect sales. They increase sales volume and help products/services sell faster. It can give you a significant edge over your competitors by drowning out competitor ads and allowing you to increase loyalty and repeat sales. Last but not least, offline tracking and coupon sales can be extremely helpful when it comes to promoting your new products and campaigns.
Frequently Asked Questions
Can I generate coupons in Post Affiliate Pro?
Yes, Post Affiliate Pro lets you generate coupons directly, or more precisely banners that include coupons. There is no limit to the number of coupons you can generate and the coupons can also be customized.
Can I export coupons from Post Affiliate Pro?
After generating the coupons you require in Post Affiliate Pro software, you can then export them directly to your shop or payment processor.