What is CPC?
CPC is an advertising revenue model that stands for cost per click (or PPC, pay per click). This revenue model works on the principle of affiliates being paid for every click on the merchant’s ad that is placed on their site. CPC is an important metric that helps you see the total cost of your marketing campaign.
Cost per click is calculated by dividing the total cost of the marketing campaign by the total number of clicks.
CPC in Post Affiliate Pro
In order to track clicks in Post Affiliate Pro, your landing pages must contain a click-tracking code. To do this, you need to have at least one active campaign open. You can insert the click-tracking code into your website or landing pages, which you can find in your merchant panel > Tool > Integration section.
When a visitor clicks on a banner on an affiliate’s website, they are taken to your landing page with this tracking code.
Post Affiliate Pro tracks all clicks for affiliate links and banners. By default, a commission is generated for unique and repeated clicks if you have defined a “per click” commission. To generate commission for unique clicks only, you can go to the click commission settings of your campaign and choose this option. If you have an older version of Post Affiliate Pro (<22.214.171.124) you can achieve this by setting up fraud protection against repeating clicks. For more information on this, please see our knowledge base.
Post Affiliate Pro also supports the CPM (cost per mille) commissions. This means commissions are awarded only after the banner has been clicked 1000 times. This feature can also be activated through the merchant panel.
The benefits of using CPC in your business
The benefits of using the CPC advertising model can be seen in many aspects of your business. These are some of the ways CPC can maximize your business’ potential:
- Cost-effectiveness – Pay only when a visitor reaches your website from the ad they clicked on.
- Targeted audience – Choose your audience according to the demographics, such as by location, age group, niche, etc.
- Customizable – Customize every aspect of it, from the number of ads to the amount you are willing to pay for each individual click.
- Control over your budget – Set a maximum budget per day, which can be adapted to advertisers of all sizes, controlling how much you spend on campaigns in advance.
- Versatility – This advertising model works really well on all different platforms. From Youtube to Facebook, your ads can be placed everywhere and monetized.
Frequently asked questions
What is the difference between CPC and CTR?
CPC is an advertising revenue model where affiliates get paid for every click on the merchant’s ad. CTR (click-through rate) defines how many users see and click on the ad. A high CTR means your campaign is popular among your target audience.
Is it possible to track CPC with Post Affiliate Pro?
All you need to do is integrate click-tracking codes into your website/landing pages and set commissions for clicks on your campaigns. Post Affiliate Pro is then able to process all clicks and generate commission for the affiliates accordingly.