Post Affiliate Pro’s fraud protection system monitors all transactions and automatically declines fraudulent ones without annoying alerts or pop-ups.
The purpose of setting up fraud protection into a company’s workflow is to detect fraudsters. The use of an affiliate fraud protection system that detects even advanced fraud schemes can help you significantly reduce losses by allowing you to uncover fraudsters and avoid paying for bad leads and impressions.
It not only provides protection against fraudulent orders but also protects against repeated orders (e.g. when a customer refreshes the “Thank you” page, where the tracking code has been integrated).
Click fraud protection
Click fraud protection is separated into multiple levels:
- You can recognize repeated clicks from the same IP address and decline or not save commissions for those clicks.
- You can decline or choose not to save the clicks that come from banned IP addresses.
- You can reject or not save the clicks coming from blacklisted countries (part of the Post Affiliate Pro GeoIP feature).
Sale fraud protection
Sale fraud protection settings offer the following options:
- You can detect duplicate orders coming from the same IP address.
- You can recognize duplicate orders coming with the same order ID.
- You can decline or not save commissions for sales generated from banned IP addresses.
- You can decline or not save commissions for sales generated from blacklisted countries (Part of the Post Affiliate Pro GeoIP feature).
Affiliate signup fraud protection
You can protect your affiliate program against fraudulent affiliate signups in multiple ways:
- You can detect multiple signups from the same IP address.
- You can block signups from banned IP address ranges.
- You can block affiliate signups from blacklisted countries (part of optional, but free GeoIP feature).
Login and IP fraud protection
Your Post Affiliate Pro account can be restricted to a certain number of login attempts per username/IP per hour, as well as which IP addresses are allowed to log in.
Frequently asked questions
What are ways to prevent affiliate fraud?
What is affiliate fraud?
Affiliate fraud is any fraudulent activity conducted in order to generate commissions through an affiliate marketing program.