What is viral marketing?
Viral marketing is a special marketing technique based on users sharing the content. When an ad wants to be viral it needs to meet certain requests. These are the content, the audience and the environment.
The advertised content must be interesting to the targeted audience. It must motivate them to share it with their friends, family or colleagues. The content should be shocking, unexpected or entertaining.
The advertiser must carefully pick the audience to which he will try to appeal. It should be users who will spread the content forward to as many people as possible.
The place where the ad will be posted should be visited by many people. Nowadays, social platforms are very popular. So Facebook, Instagram or Snapchat are a great environment for viral marketing.
Frequently asked questions
What are the steps to start a viral marketing campaign?
There are many ways to start a viral marketing campaign such as identifying the key benefits of your product, using social media influencers to promote it, and creating a sense of urgency around it.
What are some notable viral marketing examples?
There are many examples of viral marketing such as The Blair Witch Project, The Ice Bucket Challenge and the Gangnam Style music video.
- Video Marketing | Post Affiliate Pro
- Article Marketing | Post Affiliate Pro
- Promotional materials - Post Affiliate Pro
- Bum Marketing | Post Affiliate Pro
- Performance Based Marketing | Post Affiliate Pro
- Crafting a Content Marketing Strategy for Affiliate Marketing
- How to Use Videos for Affiliate Marketing | Post Affiliate Pro
- Advertiser | Post Affiliate Pro