What are Plugins?
The purpose of plugins is to extend the functionality of a program by adding new features. With plugins, programs can be customized in a variety of ways, such as custom language support, framework or tool integration, and many more. In the absence of plugins, users have to either switch between programs to accomplish a task or hope that the desired functionality will be added with the next software release. By integrating plugins with the host software, these issues can be avoided.
It is recommended that you only enable plugins that you need and understand how they work, since some of them may significantly alter how the software behaves.
Plugins in Post Affiliate Pro
Post Affiliate Pro uses two main types of plugins.
Most of these plugins work with e-shops (e-shopping carts). They accept the IPN notification request “Instant Payment Notification” from a specific type of e-shop or payment gateway. Based on this they create a provision in Post Affiliate Pro.
Other integration plugins work closely with mailing lists, registering affiliates into them (Auto response plus, AWeber, GetResponse, HubSpot, Interspire Email Marketer, Klaviyo, MailChimp, for example).
These plugins usually change or add more options to your setup. Examples of these include:
- Filtering based on order amount, provision amount, or affiliate performance reward;
- An option to put restrictions on how the username/refID looks;
- An option to hide IP due to GDPR laws;
- Customization of your merchant panel;
- Loading from your own external URLs;
- Additional options for commission groups.
Benefits of using Plugins
The main benefit of using plugins is that they can expand the functionality and efficiency of your affiliate software. With the right plugins, you can customize your affiliate program to suit your needs. Streamline specific processes, and improve the user experience with minimal effort on the administrator’s part.
Post Affiliate Pro offers a vast selection of plugins and integrations to choose from. Any category from e-commerce (shopping carts, payment gateways, e-commerce platforms), marketing (email and marketing software integrations), and payments (online payment processing integrations) to WordPress integrations are supported and can be integrated into your website.
Here is a list of some of the main benefits plugins bring to your website:
- Some plugins help with measuring your analytics.
- They can be used to increase the sign-ups to your newsletter by creating custom sign-up and newsletter forms and automating most of the process.
- It is easier to incorporate social media into your website with plugins.
- They save development time.
- Provide flexibility to customize your site’s features and functionality.
- Plugins are proven to be reliable and safe.
Activating them is easy and fast, the whole process takes only a few minutes.