What is 301 redirect?
A 301 Redirect is a process when search engine and web browser get an information about a web page or website relocation. It is a permanent redirection from one URL to another.
A 301 Redirect also contains a new different URL. Web user does not need to do any action. Web browser follows the 301 Redirect and user is automatically redirected to a new place. So, a 301 Redirect is used every time, when the website’s URL changes.
Frequently asked questions
Are 301 redirects bad for SEO?
No, 301 redirects are not bad for SEO. In fact, they are a necessary part of a healthy website. Redirects ensure that users are directed to the correct page, and help to keep your website's link structure intact.
How is a 301 redirect created?
There are many ways to create a 301 redirect. Some common methods are using an .htaccess file, or a web server configuration file.
- Redirect | Post Affiliate Pro
- 302 Redirect | Post Affiliate Pro
- Redirect Links | Post Affiliate Pro
- HTTPS redirect for merchant or affiliate panel
- Meta Refresh Redirect | Post Affiliate Pro
- Redirect links
- Redirect affiliate after signup and logout.
- How to redirect affiliate mini-site (affiliates/index.php) to your own url